Thursday, January 12, 2006

faster than a speeding bullet

January 2
8:55am - On the way to work, my cellphone rings. Unknown number. I don't answer.
9:10am - I receive a text message from unknown caller. Turns out to be someone from a media company, saying they have a job opening.
10:00am - I'm at the media company's office, being interviewed by Unknown Caller.
10:30am - I walk out of the office with a job offer under my belt.
6:00pm - I receive a text message from Unknown Caller. They've finalized on the salary accompanying the job offer.

January 3
10:00am - I listen to Mommy M's (my former boss) advice.
3:30pm - I text Unknown Caller about my decision. Thanks for the offer, but I've decided not to pursue it.
5:50pm - I'm called to HR Head's office. She says, "This is your salary now. This is your new salary...and your new job title."

Oh boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home