Friday, January 21, 2005

Yearender.

Stolen from a friend's secret blog.

What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Learned to float. Thanks to my very patient friends from the other side of the fence.

Did you keep your new year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't make new year's resolutions.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
My beloved boss gave birth to one of the cutest little twinkles I've ever seen.

Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, none.

What countries did you visit?
None.

What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
I just realized I already have them.
Ok, I'm currently lusting after this really gorgeous authentic straw cowboy hat worth Php 2,000, and a pair of Chuck Taylors.
And probably more self-control.

What date will remain etched upon your memory and why?
October 6, 2003. The first day of my first job. I can't think of any special date in 2004. Everyday was special yet not so.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being THE Marketing Department for 3 months.

What was your biggest failure?
Not learning to swim. Just to float.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the usual flu and fever.

What was the best thing you bought?
My black expensive vroom vroom giddyap boots. A bunch of pirated DVDs: CSI Seasons 1-4, La Femme Nikita Seasons 1-2, X-Files Season 9, etc.

Where did most of your money go?
Pirated DVDs. And clothes.

What did you get really really really excited about?
Getting Seasons 1 and 2 of La Femme Nikita.

Compared to this time last year are you:
1.happier or sadder? happier, i guess.
2.thinner or fatter? fatter. damn.
3.richer or poorer? richer. ok, i finally got a raise.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I'd done more artworks and written more stories.

How will you be spending Christmas?
I woke up one of my best friends on Christmas morning, and met up with my cousins.

What was your favorite TV program?
CSI (Vegas, NOT Miami) and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes. Two of them. I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive them. If I go to Hell because of it, then so be it.

What was the best book you read?
The Whale Rider by Witi Ihimaera.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
KJWAN. Heard them first live in a tiny bar, and they almost blew my eardrums off. Two days later, I bought their album.

What did you want and get?
La Femme Nikita Season 1. I got a bonus. I found Season 2 and bought it as well.

What was your favorite film of this year?
Resident Evil Apocalypse, Chronicles of Riddick.

What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
24. I worked. And had dinner with one of my best friends, while missed another one of my best friends.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting a bigger raise.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Black leather vroom vroom giddyap boots. Black leather jacket.

What kept you sane?
Saturday night outs with my two adorable best friends.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gary Dourdan (Warrick Brown of CSI). He's got funky hair.
Melissa Etheridge. After a gazillion flings and girlfriends, she finally tied the knot.

What political issue stirred you the most?
The May elections. I was at NAMFREL five times a week.

Who did you miss?
My boss. Unfortunately ; )

Who was the best new person you met?
Angelina Jolie.
And Brad Pitt.
While they were shooting Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
Ok, a bunch of OJTs from UST. Blimey, there still are uber-responsible true-blooded suicidal son-of-a-guns on this side of Death Valley. Cap'n Crunch and I salute you!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I have stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain
I guess I always thought that you could end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain.
--The Police, King of Pain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home