Thursday, February 03, 2005

I'm gonna catch me some hapuku.

Never got the chance to properly thank my dear friend Q for getting me an expensive authentic hand-carved Maori jade pendant from Kiwiland last October.


One of them Pounamu matau pendants that Q got for me. Posted by Hello

Maui fished up the North Island of New Zealand...

"A good luck charm giving peace, prosperity, good luck, and good health...
For the Maori, the fish hook was very important. "Kai moana", food from the sea... the main source of protein but also important for trade...
Designs were developed to suit every fishing expedition, whether it was to catch the in-shore kahawai or the deep-water hapuku. The shark hooks, for example, had a wooden shaft and a bone barb."

How to be a Kiwi:
Say gidday (good day), don't talk about religion, and blame everything on politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home